1:31 am

Boobies (part II)

I have a friend - known her for 17 years. GOOD friend. She's done a lot of things in her life, gone the road less travelled (which is rare for a Singapoerean) and a beautiful person all around. Now she's joined this spa-like health place that uses pressure and vacuuming equipment for lymphatic drainage.

Background : I am quite the skeptic. Have always been. Ads promoting everything from tittie enhancement to quickie fat loss treatments ABOUND in the newspapers. And whenever I come across these ads, I always huff a little to myself.

Especially about breast enhancement.

So here's the thing - since the aformentioned spa-like place has yet to open, my friend (let's call her B) is practicing her skills with regards to all the new equipment that's being shipped in. And not-so-little moi was the guinea pig for the day. Being women, one of the tests we did this afternoon was a breast enhancement massage. (How could we not? heh!)

And lo!
I'd always known my left breast was slightly
larger than my right. But when we took measurements, good GRIEF, and how much bigger!! My right nipple lay 24 cm from my right collarbone. My left? A whopping 27.5cm from the left collarbone. Bloody 3.5 cm different. You could look at me nude and think that... ok, there is a little difference, but you wouldn't be able to tell HOW MUCH of a difference.

And here's the thing : after the massage we took measurements again.
No change in the right boobie, but my left measurement had DEcreased by 1.5 cm. Now, if you're a guy, this will mean nothing to you. But if you're a woman, you'd be pretty amazed. I know *I* was.

So the sceptic in me now has doubts. These machines apparently can work. B's enthusiasm is not misplaced. Sure, the beauty industry has long preyed on people's (especially women's) insecurities and made a bloody bundle for years. But to see it work first hand is...... interesting.

But for how long will the effect last? Will women who are really worried about their breasts go out and spend hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, on their boobies? How much of a woman's self-esteem comes from
HAVING breasts? (I'm not speaking of a culture like that of the US. I think their obsession with huge, fake knockers is horribly un-natural!) Does being well endowed in a land of very modest titties make me complacent?

I've always taken my breasts for granted. They've always been just THERE, much like my toes, my ears and my fingers. Just. Part. Of. The. Body. Ok, yes, I've been complimented on them. But so what? I've never done anything for them, except to purchase good,
well crafted bras. (And that's another story in itself!). Never bothered to rub creams on them to "make them softer". Was born with them so I take'em as they come. Even pretty lax about self-examinations too. (which is bad, I know.)

To-day was a bit of an eye-opener, let me tell you that.

See guys?
Breasts don't fascinate just you. They fascinate us women too.



UPDATE : I scored 17/20 on the tit recognition test. Ha!

2 comments:

lucidness said...

Whatdayaknow- An excellent 18/20-lol!

Back to breat enhabcement. It'a to make those babies bigger? Perkier? Less saggy? Cause reducing the left one just to make them bilaterally more symmetrical seems like a sucky deal.

Why didn't they just make the right one bigger?

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Because B still didn't have the techniques down pat. lol. hence no improvement. not intentional. i really WAS a labrat that day :)