1:01 am

Ha! Radicals will wish for this! Fat chance!

Ha! This was amusing :)



"Jerusalem. There is no such city!" the Jerusalem municipality said in the English-language version of a sightseeing brochure it had published originally in Hebrew.

The correct translation: "Jerusalem. There is no city like it!"

I can see why there was an error. Sometimes, even the most banal typos will be missed by all the editors because the mind reads what it wants. Or you read so many times that the brain gets tired and tells you what should be there, so it can be spared a 57th reading. Heh.

It's happened to me loads of times when I used to do the telemarketing scripts for clients. Or in proposals. Or in copywriting. I'd get up to 3 fellow colleagues to read my stuff before submission to clients. And sometimes, things slip through.....


Still, this one was worth a chuckle.

0 comments: