6:25 pm

Impressive

I've been given a batch of health suplements by Mom to take. She has a whole host of medical problems and we're very lucky that after retirement, her pension scheme covers her 100%, right down to dental, I believe.

But why am I mentioning this?
Because Mom gets also gets a bunch of supplements which she doesn't take and she fobs them off to me and my sister. One of these is Q10. Or rather,
Ubidecarenone. I brough a bunch to work and - if I remember - I'll take one capsule with a calcium supplement as well.

Mom keeps on saying It's good for you! Very strong antioxidant! Especially since you smoke! but you know Moms; sometimes they nag at you until you really can't be bothered. Well, I brought a new box to work and decided to surf for a little bit more information.

What I DIDN'T know was how good this stuff is.


..... specific coenzyme Q-10 products have been given orphan drug status in the United States. An orphan drug has received FDA approval because it shows effectiveness for treating severe or rare diseases that usually have few other treatment options.....

.....In other countries, coenzyme Q-10 is used widely to treat heart conditions – particularly heart failure (HF), but also angina, heart rhythm disorders, and high blood pressure.....

.....In several published studies of individuals with HF, taking coenzyme Q-10 has generally reduced symptoms such as shortness of breath, sleep problems, and swelling that are associated with HF.....

.....Even though coenzyme Q-10 may not affect heart function, it does appear to promote relaxation in both arteries and veins. Therefore, taking it may help relieve angina and reduce high blood pressure. In a recent study, a small number of heart patients who received coenzyme Q-10 and other antioxidants along with moderate exercise and stress-reduction counseling for about a month before heart surgery, generally recovered physical and emotional activity faster than patients who had no
supplements, exercise, or counseling......



Ok, Mom! I'm a believer now!


0 comments: