4:31 am

New place


Well well well.
I was telling people that I'd be lucky if 10 buggers showed up, and eventually we had 25-30 people gather. I am amazed, I tell you. Amazed.

The best part of it all - for this blog anyways - was that we didn't get rained out.
Loof had reserved special seats for me, a nice cosy area with a big round circular seat sunk into the floor surrounded by glass. On the floor! It was like we were suspended. woo woo woo! But when people started trickling in and the first arrivals were all squished together, I got the wait staff to move us out.

And it was great. The views were awesome!

This was were we eventually got seated. We took over about 4 tables and basically took up about a quarter of the outdoor seating space. We're the bunch in the centre, to the right of the tree.




And from where we were sitting? It was nice and cool, and because we were at the city centre, plenty of light to go around. All those low-lying clouds were lit and I was surprised when this came through on the photo. Mind you, it's about 9+ in the evening at this point in time.


So I got up to take a look, and this was the view that greeted me when I got to the edge. We were only about 4 floors up but this was a great view. That's Raffles Hotel's shopping arcade in the foreground, the low triangular lights in the middle is the Singapore Exhibition and Convention Centre. And then, from left to right, the Suntec City office blocks, Millennia Tower (Oracle! My ex-client's office!) is the one in the pyramid lighted cap, the Pan Pacific hotel at the back of the exhibition centre, and finally the Oriental Hotel on the right, just peeking over. What a view! I sound like a broken record... but.... what a view!
Fantastic. This picture came out the best. Like a bloody postcard, if I do say so myself. Perhaps I should seriously consider photography as a hobby :o

And Loof itself?
Lowkey, very comfortable, and the music wasn't so loud that you had to shout your conversations. There's something about leaning back on those seats and looking up through the leaves at the sky. Plus it was all chill tunes, nothing raucous, and I was able to have a number of very interesting conversations. Perfect!

The staff were unassuming, accommodating, but slow. This is typical of every night spot I've been to and is probably a universal rule throughout the galaxy though, so I wouldn't say they gave exceptional service.


All in all? A success!



3 comments:

Rich | Championable said...

Those are cool pictures. Sounds fun, man.

Anonymous said...

Fun at night with friends in Singapore . :)

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Rich and Paul,
I actually had quite a good time, yes :D

Plus I'm such a hermit that when I'm in town, I'm like a bloody hermit. haha.