7:26 pm

Gee, might need a second viewing!

My my my.

I am truly impressed.

Background? I loath war movies and I won't see'em. Black hawk down? No. Band of brothers? Nuh-uh. As a matter of fact, if I recall, the last war-related movie I caught was
Born on the Fourth of July. Bloody hell. And that wasn't really a war movie per se anyways. AND that came out in.... good lord.... 1989. So. Ten years, it's been.

But I really really REALLY wanted to catch
The Hurt Locker. And I was blown away. Heh. No pun intended.

It was intense, it was nail-biting, it was thoughtful, it thrilled, it agonised, and I sometimes sat with my jaw hanging down. My goodness. Did it really take a woman to bring out the human side of war, such as it is?

Nooo... scratch that comment. I don't watch enough of this genre to qualify as a critic. But I marvel at
Kathryn Bigelow's skill. I was truly impressed. This is one I want to collect.


Go see it. Now.


UPDATE :

WildRun has graciously pointed out that 1989 till date is 20 years. Sorry about that, my brain's all gone.

4 comments:

Wildrun said...

I hate to tell you, but that would be 20 years since 1989. Time flies... :)

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

argh! 20 years?? lol

oh my, thanks for telling me!

Elisson said...

For what it's worth (not much), Ron Kovic was from my hometown.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Elisson,

I confess I had to google Kovic. It's been a while!! It was a pretty good film, though.