6:07 pm

Of shopping and sheer luck. Whew!

Bloody hell.

My favourite underwear shop's been closed down. I used to get my bras at a La Senza boutique in Tampines Mall? They've gone and closed it. All the four boutiques are now in the
town area. I didn't know. No update, no announcement, no nothing. And I am on their mailing list. GGggrrrrrr.

I try to avoid
Tampines Mall in the first place. Granted, it's next to my work place so it's really close by. But it's got a terrible layout, usually thronged by aimless people walking too slowly and thinking that the bloody passages belong to their bloody grandfathers. In general, I find shopping there to be a lousy experience. But I went today because I needed to get a white bra. My last remaining whitey had gone and died on me. DOUBLE gggrrrrrr.

Out of desperation, I went up to a small Blush! boutique. Surprise surprise. They had whities in patterns and lace I actually liked, and the saleslady got my size spot on. One fitting was all I needed. Oh boy.

To put things into perspective,
Blush! normally sells stuff thats really.... hhmmmm.... not to my taste. First of all, they bring in really mainstream patterns. So it'll sell better of course. And secondly, they'll bring in the typical sizes to boot. So my chances of finding something I like and that will fit are.... let's just say I'd given up on them. *shrugs*

So. Wow. I feel really lucky.
If you're not sure what I'm talking about, take your woman lingerie shopping. lol. Multiple fittings and lots of trying is the order of the day!

Ok. Granted, it's a
PrincesseTamTam, so it's twice the price. Literally. :o But hey! It fit, it looked great, it gave great shape, so what the hell! I'd forgotten what great underwear the French make :))


Woo! Mission accomplished!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather suffer death of a 1000 paper cuts!


JimBob

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

lol.

JIMBOB!!
Lingerie shopping can be fun with right person!

og said...

hey, I'd pay cash to go lingerie shopping with you.

This post is meaningless, however, without photographs.