2:20 pm

Of all things


Took a cab to work today.
Long story, had things to buy, woke up late (I'm on the 2PM shift. Heh) It's a bad habit I'm trying to eradicate. I'm backsliding.

But hey, that's not what I wanted to share.

Standing by the side of the road, this silver car with the familiar taxi sign slowly comes forward. I'm trying hard to identify this new car shape and colour and I'm staring as he inches past.

Lo! It IS a new taxi! The guy stops and I hurridly get in. Uncle, very sorry, I didn't realise you were a taxi! elicits a laugh. Apparently I am not the first one to stop and stare, instead of flagging.

Turns out this new taxi is a skoda. A
skoda!! Bloody hell. I remember when Skoda's were the laughing stock. Now they've been reinvented with an Audi (Audi!!) engine. The ride was smooth, the Uncle's speakers impressive - I call it a personal investment, lah! - and generally, I was quite pleased. Pity the ride was so short. I'd have happily taken a longer trip.

Oh man.... clean, spacious car; well spoken and clean cabbie; good sound system; smooth ride.... I don't want to backslide into taking cabs everywhere. lol
Oh well. It set the tone for the day well :)


Viva la Skoda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Skoda taxi Fiona ! :)

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

But Paul, it was so unexpected. I mean. A damned Skoda! lol.