5:32 pm

TRUELY mindless


Guess what?
On a Monday, when there's normally a huge influx of calls, I was asked to go help another section. Fiona, do me a favour? Help the Comms team?

Now. If you asked me this 3 years ago, I'd be thinking a very very different thing. Now? Heh. Comms is internal code for TELEPHONE OPERATOR. Yes, you heard me.

A little background, if I may.....
The Powers That Be thought, a few months back, that since we have an internal call centre, wouldn't it be wonderful to consolidate everything? Oh yes, combine your telephone operators with conatct centre. And it turned out to be onene of the worse cases I have ever seen on short term planning.

The old operators have been plugging away for, oh, 7 - 10 years apiece? Every single one of them is well past their middle age. Used to an easy going, quasi government environment? And to throw them into my section? With demanding customers? And insane call influxes?

Sorry, they couldn't cut the mustard.

So the Powers That Be resurrected the operators section. Where they merely give out contact numbers to the different sections. (And about 30% of the time, it's to the wrong hotline too. But that's another story)


So guess what I did the entire day to-day? Argh!

0 comments: