11:12 pm

Off

Yes, so London are the winners of the IOC Bidding for 2012.

All I have to say is this : Managed to catch the
opening ceremony. Just as I was pottering around the kitchen, I heard the Singapore national anthem being sung.

- It sounded like a soprano with a hernia.
- It sounded like a 65 year old with one lung trying to reach the high notes.
- It sounded off pitch, reedy, thin, wavering and totally unprofessionally done.

It was, to my surprise, Jacintha Abisheganaden.
If people were to judge Singapore by her singing last night, we would be at the bottom of ANY list you could choose. I never liked her but music is subjective, yes? (Along with sex, religion and politics, but that's another story!)

And don't think I'm being small just because I think she's over-rated. I listened objectively. YES I've had voice training. YES, it was as horrible as that. YES, a monkey could tell she was off both pitch and key.


Couldn't we have picked someone less famous but could actually sing live?

0 comments: