8:22 am

Yum yum monied marmalade

Holy shit.
I love me my orange marmalade.
I really really really really do.
Especially on toast.
And with butter as well.
Oh my.
*rolls eyes*

But this particular bottle is not meant for the everyday breakkie table!


The one kilo (2.2 pounds) jar costs 5,000 pounds (7,420 euros, 9,500 US dollars) and contains generous lashings of 62-year-old Dalmore malt whisky and Pol Roger vintage champagne, as well as edible gold leaf.....

.....Manufacturers Duerr's, who produced the one-off to mark the company's 125th anniversary, say the jar will be auctioned for charity on auctions website eBay later this year.

The marmalade is presented in a crystal glass decanter and each mouthful will cost an eye-watering 11 pounds.


Still, I'm sure someone somewhere will do their goodly bit and heave over the money. It's all for charity, eh? And then that someone can live out the literal phrase Shitting Gold. haha.


Sorry - couldn't resist.

0 comments: