8:46 pm

So quickly it is done

Well, it's the evening of Christmas day and the 2 major eating sessions have gone by. I swear, I must have consumed, inhaled, sipped, drunk, slurped and generally chowed down on about a gazillion calories.

But it's Christmas and we're not allowed to bitch about putting on weight. We'll deal with that next year :)

Dinner at my place : this was for the relatives that were on my Mom's side. Not the full family contingent but enough to fill the house!


Lemme see.... in clockwise direction from the silver tureen..... satay chicken, mushroom rolls, roast turkey, barbequed duck, ovenbaked spare pork-ribs, honeybacked ham and devil's curry. Not including the three vege dishes, the home made pickles and the mashed potatoes. Also, not pictured is the prawn salad, the jellies, and the trifle. *rolls eyes*


My maternal grandma.

She's in her 80s now, but sat there just slowly chewing her way through EVERYTHING. haha. I was taking the picures and an uncle was trying to get Porpor to look at the camera and I quipped about how stoned Porpor looked. And his reply? Porpor always looks stoned when faced with food. lol. She was oblivous to the camera flashes!


My paternal grandma, Nanny, hosted today's traditional Christmas Day luncheon. Yes, there was more food and Nanny's version of Devil's Curry (every Eurasion family's recipe is closely guarded and secret!) But like the idiot that I was, rushed out of the house and forgot to pack the camera. I'm afraid you'll have to be content with my nativity scene at home.

Yeah, my parent's on the left, the 3 kids + sister-in-law on the right. Andn o, I don't play the piano any more. I last took lessons when I was 14 but for some reason, my parents don't want to get rid of it. I don't play around on the keys anymore and I'm sure every single key is flat. But nope - piano stays. Strange, just strange.


Nevermind! Onwards with the 12 days! More food! More festivities!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On this Christmas Day
May good things come Fiona's way -
And the joy of peace.

(Haiku for Fiona)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Anonymous said...

For some reason, the pics on this post are not displaying for me. The one on previous post is fine. Go figure...

Without seeing, but just reading your listing of foods... BURP... Skooze please...

Now, I'll have some more ham and devil's curry please.

Happy Holidays...

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Paul,
You are truly talented :o

PJ,
Your three gorgeous cats are a joy to visit, blogwise!

Winston,
Sorry about the bad pics :(
They were OK in the afternoon but I had to reload them once I got home just now.