9:44 am

For the cruise....


.....it was supposed to be the highlight of my trip! Alas, Samui was expecting a large storm, or so the hotel people said. Every day I was there it was overcast, and the pictures pretty much do show it :o

But first up, let me introduce the Viva 2! Yes, her sail bears the sponser's name lol


The Thai flag, of course :D

My skipper Chai! Funny guy.... The company owner is German, and he must have instructed his skippers to playing what the tourists like. So Chai started out with 80s pop (like Men At Work) but after a while, he switched to a Thai rock music station. The best part? For some reason, it seemed SO much more appropriate whilst we were out on the water lol


Looking back towards Chaweng beanch as we sailed out.

By the way, I have to tell you that when we set sail, there was no pier for me to board the boat with. I walked out to the boat. Good grief, I can't swim in the open ocean and they made me walk out. So I walked about 20 metres and the water was only up to my waist. When we came back, Chai brought the boat even closer... about 5 metres from shore and only up to my knees :o


Here we are looking out to sea... and a rainbow! woo!


And here's me at the helm. Skipper Chai insisted on a "decent" smile.


Because the first picture turned out like this. See? Told you I can't pose for pics to save my life! lol By the way, you should check out the tilt of the horizon in the background. It wasn't a smooth sail, and I got sick about 2 hours out. *small sigh* Still, it WAS an experience!


And the clouds. I dunno why, but I particularly love this picture. Like I posted on FaceBook; I can't decide if God's trying to click away the dark clouds, or if the Universe is telling me to rock on. haha.



And despite the weather like this, I still got a tan. In fact, I got a sunburn. Heh.

Anyways, that's it folks! No excitement at all.. I really did what I planned to do and since I have another week off in October, I might just go back again.


MMMmmmm...... I really do love this place......


0 comments: