6:39 pm

I think I'll go back....


Ok, I've finally gotten around to posting pics.... The place, again, was
The Passage, Samui.

First off, forgive the date/time stamp. I hadn't used the digital camera in a while and had to do a reset. And I reset the wrong month. But if you can get over the absurdity of that, enjoy the pics!

The beach! Devoid of people, absolutely wonderful :)


And it was interesting... you could walk out, and the reef breakers were about 100m out. So there were people and kids from the hotel out for walks every day. The difference between high and low tide was about 6 inches. lol


And it made for a great view everytime I sat down for a meal :)


There were doggies from the estate next door which visited regularly to beg for food..... this is doggie #1



And doggie # 2. (#3 was always somewhere off, never did get shot of it... but she looks a lot of #2.)



A really bad shot of me by the waitress. Or, if its a good shot and I look like this all the time, I'm screwed. lol.



By the way, the flora they used for the tables was literally from the resort grounds.



For those of you who breakfast like this everyday, good for you.... but we asians don't. So having an egg station at the buffet line in the mornings is a real treat :) Plus I have this massive thing for sausages! NOM Nom nom nom! Garlic pork! I can't complain!


And there's my room from the outside....



The view from indoors....


From my patio....



And from the bed with the curtains drawn....


And out on the deck chair reserved for my unit.... It was partially shaded in the mornings, so after breakfast I'd be out here working on
Bernadette's book. Good view, eh?


On my third day, my neighbours moved in, Literally, a young couple from France on their honeymoon.


The place is thoughtfully planned.... indoor an doutdoor slippers, amongst other things!



And lastly, the view from the lobby....



There are tons of pictures left, but I just wanted to share a general view of the place. It was very very peaceful, and surprisingly restful. Good evergy too! I didn't have a problem sleeping, not one night. It's wonderful because some places are just, well, restless. It's rare for me to sleep well in strange places. But this place? No problem!

Also, the chef is MMMmmmmm... WONDERFUL! I didn't take a lot of pics because I basically slept, ate, and spa-ed. But this is the advantage of going to places during off-peak season. On my side, it's great timing (it was my birthday) but hotel wise? No crush of guests. And the F&B Manager, Natsuda, took the time to ask the chef to do dishes that weren't in the menu. Good grief, one day she did tiger prawns in a tamarind sauce for me and it was absolutely scrumptious! Can still taste'em!


It's getting close to dinner time for me... now I'm hungry lol

2 comments:

HRH Coco said...

Wow, that's a really nice-looking resort!

And an egg station at breakfast! Yummz!

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Hi Coco!

Yes, it was very well tended, and recently renovated last year (or so I was told).

And if it wasn't for off-peak rates, I'd probably have stayed somewhere less expensive :)

PS egg stations rock! Love them!