1:36 am

Ah, Samui!



GGggrrrr. My beloved Koh Samui is being deluged by rain.


I don't exactly have friends there, but I have visited each year for the last few years. I love the island, the beautiful beaches, the fantastic people. The Thais usually are good natured anyways. But Samui is... well... the place speaks to me, it does :) I will continue to visit until I can't. Or until it becomes like one huge meat market like Phuket.


I hope not. Some local land owners are taking steps to preserve their land and I'm glad, much like the previous hotel I stayed in.


Sadly, the island's tiny airport was closed for a few days due to poor visibility. Can you imagine that? Torrential downpours so savage, that planes can't land? And the accompanying flooding. *shakes head* Airport just opened again and I hope Samuians get the help they need. This is not their rainy season and they've been really caught off guard :(




What's our world coming to, eh?

0 comments: