3:36 pm

Learning their ways... slowly but surely...


I am on chat with the US team co-ordinating field engineers.

My previous experiences have been entirely discouraging.

I sat at my table and wondered HOW in the the sweet FUCK did these people get hired.

Then I got curious and accessed the staff directory.... and country code is... CR. What is that? Costa Rica? WTF?

Judging from the shared sympathy from the colleagues around me, my frustrations are shared across the the board. Apparently if we need anything done (unlike the rest of the world's field co-ordinators who respond within minutes of receiving an email) we need to call and make some *noise*. No emails, which they seem to ignore with impudence.

If anyone has any feedback or anecdotes to share about the work ethics of Costa Ricans, I'd be happy to listen. If I have to deal with these buggers constantly, it's better I be prepared (prepared to swear haha) as South East Asia has little / minimal contact with South America in general....


PS - Seeing Larry Ellison on the staff directory was a thrill!!


0 comments: