3:52 pm

I love me a laugh

25 April 2012

I'm going to be accompanying an old friend to an open mic night this Sun.


Last time we met, it was about... oh... 4 months back. Last time before that? About 20 years.Yeah. Long time.

He's done well, I'm happy to be in touch with him, and I'd love the chance to see him at open mic. He can be quite the character, and the ONLY person I know of who travels with a tux lol Make of that fact what you will :))

Anyways... open mic night. In Singapore? Hooooo yeah. Still incredibly nascent, but by golly, I'm glad that it's even happening!! 

Years back, there used to be only ONE stand up comedy bar in Singapore. None of my friends would want to go. So I'd go alone, after work, stand by myself in some corner, surrounded by western expats, and just laugh myself silly for 3 hours straight. 

Long story short, those comedy acts and the man responsible for bringing them in have evolved into The Comedy Club. It's still $50 to attend a show, but they've gone from 1 weekend night a month, to 4 nights straight. If that's not success, I don't know what is! 


I'm hoping my friend does well too! woo!


0 comments: