12:29 pm

What's in a name?

4 May 2012 


What's in *your* name? 

You know, I've always found names interesting. Also, personal observations lead me to believe that people grow up to be their names. Which is interesting because I don't think I reflect mine  haha

FIONA 
 - of gaelic origin (ok, I am a Hogan)
 - typically means fair, or pure (how does this go with my bdsm side? lol) 

Ok, perhaps because I am usually scrupulously fair. Anally retentive fair. As in, if your change is 85 cents, I will hunt down that last 5 cents for you. Fair, as in, if I have to share a bathroom with you, I will ensure that exactly 50% of the shelving space is mine, 50% is yours and not one iota more or less. You get the picture *wry grin*

I don't know about pure.... perhaps.... because once I devote myself to someone, I would rather lose an arm than betray the trust? I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud here. 

KATHLEEN
 - derivative of Catherine and other variations
 - also means pure 

No one, and I mean no one, calls me by my middle name. Not if they know what's good for them. lol. I don't know why! I embrace my full name, but I would rather be addressed as Fiona. Or Fi, which I rather like as a nickname :D 

Good grief... I just realised that's a double dose of "pure". I'm going to have to think about this. 

Anyhoo... this was all brought about by this article on a british woman who legally changed her name for charity, to one containing 161 words. If she's doing it for charity and the money goes somewhere worthy, then ok. More power to you. (But 161 words? Erm... possibly bordering on overkill by, oh, a gazillion percent?)

But the article also sites two idiots! Wahaha! They're everywhere and they're BREEDING.

Daniel Knox-Hewson, 23, became Emperor Spiderman Gandalf Wolverine Skywalker Optimus Prime Goku Sonic Xavier Ryu Cloud Superman Heman Batman Thrash. 

Kelvin Borbidge, 22, chose Baron Venom Balrog Sabretooth Vader Megatron Vegeta Robotnik Magneto Bison Sephiroth Lex Luthor Skeletor Joker Grind. 

*snort* I'm going to stick with my name. I LIKE my name! 


0 comments: