1:17 am

Aw

Idle surfing.
Long day, but still relaxed.
And an even better evening, surprising myself.

Relaxing, when I came across this post on
The Hug Thing.

It looks like it was shot in Australia, not sure. But oh, it's great. This one man walks around with a placard offering FREE HUGS and no one takes him up. People slowly start to take notice, and take him up on his offer. And the entire thing snowballs. It was....... yes, heartwarming, to say the least.

We don't touch each other enough. Personal space is all very well and good, but communication acrosss skin. How intimate, how personal, how effective. And we don't do it enough.

I envy people who hug freely and generously. But I have myself to blame for his. heh. Sometimes I feel all sticky from the humidity. I smoke, so I don't want to impart the smell on to others. I guess I come across as aloof, sometimes. But it's just fear. Fear of making them smell of ciggies and fear of them thinking I feel icky. *shrugs*


Anyways, this isn't meant to be a long diatribe. Just go watch the clip :)


UPDATE
I found the link on Wildrun.

Gods, I was wondering for the longest time how the hell I found myself on that BlogSisters webpage thingie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs, love them! Fi, you can hug me anytime, smoke smell and all! :)

Anonymous said...

oops, anonymous is me, bernie. :) Love the video. Think we would have hugged him too, right Fi?

Anonymous said...

Fiona a hug a day keeps the Blues away ! LOL

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

BERNIE!!!
Finally, a comment from you. lol.
Damn straight. Would have hugged him good.

Paul, hugs are good! :)

Anonymous said...

Fun link. Thanks! I snitched it :)

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Joan, more than welcome!
:)