11:04 pm

Doh!


Activated for the evening. Ended up working 12 hours. ARGH!
On a Monday. Double ARGH!!

Monday sees a shitload of people on medical leave and that leaves the remaining staff scrambling. To boot, Monday is traditionally a firefighting day. The call influx is crap and people are highly strung. You get logged in forcibly so you don't even have to chance to follow up on all the requests that you've promised customers.

I'm lucky.
I started using PCs only when I started working. But because of my background, became pretty comfortable with computers. I toggle between about 4 main databases and, with a lot of swearing, manage to keep myself logged in and all requests fulfilled.

But I digress. I wanted to share with you a snippet of conversation

- after a particularly long, convoluted conversation using small words of less than 5 characters -

Customer : So late, you still at work?
Me : Yes ma'am. We operate around the clock.
Customer :What time you stop work?
Me : Only at 9PM ma'am.
Customer : So early? You say open all the time? Why go back so early?
Me : The hotline operates 24/7. I do not.

*shudders*
She's out there.... breeding.... with kids. This job, albeit supposedly a part time one, is teaching me more and more about human nature. And my new mantra for the time being is slowly solidifying.


Please. Don't have kids. Stupidity is inherited.

0 comments: