11:58 pm

Not a good day.

- RANT ALERT -

Today has not been a good day.

I took off for a walk, frustrated and feeling quite irritated with my MasterChief. Walked to a nearby entertainment centre to try and get one of my favourite foods, figuring comfort food (satay! yum!) and the walk there and back would ease my mood.

Not to be, alas.

I left my food, a full bottle of mineral water, a full packet of tissus, and my opened book to indicate that someone was coming back to the table. Obviously I was going to take my bag, wallet and mobile phone with me.

Walked around the corner, all of 20 steps, to purchase my tea. And I came back not a minute later to find a cleaner throwing away all my things. All that was left on the table was my book.

Mind. A FULL bottle of mineral water, a FULL packet of tissues obviously unopened and a goddamned fucking BOOK. Oh yes, and did I tell you, a FULL plate of food?

What? Can't you see? Do you think people will leave their WATER? And their TISSUE? ALL FULL? And a bloody BOOK? If they are not coming back? Why did you clear away my dinner? My FOOD? What happened to my things? Are you going to buy me back my dinner? Did you intend to throw away my book as well??

And to make it worse, the cleaner takes out my bottle and my tissue packet and places it back on the fucking table. Out of the dirty bucket which holds the remains of other diners' leftovers. Doesn't bother to wipe it down. Mumbles something. Doesn't look repentant at ALL.

What? Are you stupid? You expect me to drink from that bottle? You expect me to use the tissue? How clean do you think they will be?

And guess what? The guy says, very clearly: you go buy another bottle.

Fuck you. Fuck your mother. And fuck the goddamned fucking genes in your family that produced such inherent stupidity and gall.


You know what's the worse part? It wasn't even an expensive dinner. My roti john cost me all of $3. Mineral water? $1.55. Don't even talk about stupid tissue paper. I was just so mad that the man was so stupid and unrepentant. Stupid lousy dinner less than 5 bucks. I cannot believe I am going to kick up a fuss for a miserable 5 bucks. But if you're unrepentant. And if you show me cheek. Sorry, motherfucker, you're going down.

No, that's not the worst part. There's more. I got the name of the cleaner and the company from another cleaner who did apologise. Not his fault. Nice of him. Apparent, this fucking idiot has buggered other diners as well.

WORST part? A group of 4 people, all men, were sitting right next to my table and didn't stop the cleaner. Instead, they stared openly and grinned as I walked back and forth, and as I was confronting the idiot cleaner. As I passed them by, I stopped, and raised my voice, said Good! Fine! Did you enjoy the show? Wow. I could have slapped each and every one of them.

Bah! I can't believe I'm still mad. At the same time, I cannot believe the temerity of that cleaner! Gross stupidity like tonight's really offends me. It really gets me going. ARGH!


My god, but Bernie is right. I'm hermitizing myself. And I'm happy to do so!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slap them. All of them. THey earned it. And then go back and let a really stinky fart in their restaurant. Or hire some guy to do it.

Anonymous said...

Hey

be the bigger person and let it go..anyways i really enjoyed your blog. I have a few blogs of my own and i always like to read others blog to see how i can make mine better. If i were you i would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. well, i will add your blog to my favorites. Thanks again and i look forward to all the updates.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Og,
I was just so mad at the time. :o

Anon,
thanks for the link, but I'd love to have your blog URL instead so I could return the favour and visit in kind. And I doubt I'll kick up a fuss. Was just so angry last evening....

Anonymous said...

I got so angry once that I punched an innocent oak tree! Boy did it hurt and I felt so stupid. Then one of those radical femino-ecologists got on my case. Boy was she a bitch! I kept on smilin' though Fiona. I feel your pain !

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel as it happened to be a while ago and I threw a hissy fit at not only the cleaner but the table next that were sniggering as well as if it was a joke. Actually I went hysterical that I acutally was shaking. Plus my PMS and you can imagine... Plus the cleaner had the audacity to mummble in Hokkien a racist comment and I threw another hissy fit in perfect hokkien as well. On seconds thought, I must have looked like and idiot but I so understand you!!! I went back to my car and I was still trembling with anger.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Paul? You? Angry? You seem so calm and settled most of the time. *chuckles*

Sonia, sometimes the stupidest/smallest things get us so angry. But I suspect it's precisely because it's so small that makes it so bloody aggravating......

Anonymous said...

I have my moments Fiona ! LOL

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

I have to take my hat off to you, Paul. You truly do keep on smiling. :)