4:08 pm

Fucktard alert


- RANT ALERT -


Man, 2 hours into my shift and I've had a shitstorm in the office. And I am not the only one. Cursing has filled the air as callers with no manners, no intelligence, no understanding and unlimited demands crowd our hotline.

My own cases?

One male diva who chose to work directly with our company to get an additional discount on his premiums and now wants me to follow up on his motor insurance claims. Hello? You want an agent, you shouldn't have opted for the discount? This is customer service, isn't it? What sort of service are you prepard to give me then? I beg your pardon? What am I prepared to give you? Yeah, right. Pay me, fucktard, for holding your hand and wiping your ass down after you take a shit. THAT sort of personalised service isn't free. On the line with him for half an hour listening to his demands. I've never encountered such a fucking diva before. Yes. Diva. With ALL the implcations of the word. *rolls eyes*

Then there is this woman who says her cheque payment was cleared on her end but her insurance agent sent her an email asking for payment. She must have repeated herself about 7 times in an increasingly loud voice. Hello? Public holiday today? Did you expect me to pull the information out from my ass for you? And I'm not deaf. Shouting at me will not make the information magically appear.

Singaporeans are getting more and more demanding. And not willing to pay for it. Since when was service free? The government drive for "world class" service is obviously affecting the wrong target market

Service is a privilege you pay for. The more you pay, the more you're paid attention to. Premium service comes with a fairly dear price and if you're a cheapskate bastard who gets ranty and abusive, giving us staff the equivalent of a 6 year old's temper tantrum, you're in trouble. Staff go out of their way to help you when you give them the basic courtesy due to every single human being. If you call and get offensive, don't be surprised when you're stonewalled.


Something Singaporeans have trouble learning.

0 comments: