8:49 pm

So this is Christmas.

This Christmas will... hhmmm. Not be a happy one, I think.

Mom's broken foot plate seems to be healing up nicely.... she's slowly walking around sans crutches. But the frustration of being so immobile has made her SO fucking crochetchy that being around her is a test of patience every single fucking moment.

Am not feeling very dutiful as a daughter right about now. I want to help her, but I also cannot stand the incessant complaints. Screw the Christmas dinner. Paece and goodwill to all men? You need to meet my Mother.

I also gave my German buddy the boot. Came to the realisation that nothing is going to shift him and meet me. We had a LONG conversation the other day, at my insistence. It FINALLY dawned on him that I meant it when I said I wouild not wait for him to get his shit together and meet me.

Things were told to me that finally confirmed my suspicisions, I pressed for straight answers and insisted until I got them. And you know what? I have better things to do.

(a) If you don't want me enough, what is that then? I mean, seriously?
(b) It's a TERRIBLE insult to me to be "convenient"
(c) If a virtual companion is enough, then you need to rethink your emotional requirements.

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Oh, and I'm sick. Running a fever, a cold that won't stop, and a dull, throbbing headache I've had for about 8 days now. Wow, talk about completing things. Go me.

On the plus side, all my presents are finally wrapped and the tree is up. We're going with avant garde this year lol. Me and the Sister finally gathered all the old bits my parents built up over the years and tossed the whole lot out. The tree is... yeah... pretty much built up from scratch.

Done up in a hurry, one day after working the night shift. lol. Presents were added slowly over the days.


Instead of the traditional star, we have this.

And scattered in the tree were more....

Of course, the mandatory balls and candy canes....

And this guy all in black :) yeah, we went for burnt orange and black this year.


My wrapping this year was also in black.


Word to the wise... if you get fabric ribbons, be prepared to use super glue. Doh! I have to stop experimenting at Christmas time! It was a pain to wrap. And with fabric ribons, you can't really create interesting decorative pieces... not with the patterned ones. So nothing like last years.



And the Sister's prezzies too!


I think the best thing this year is the wrapping. Heh. The bloody wrapping! Somehow, I feel really good when everything's finished. But next year I promise normal wrapping! No more fabric!


We'll see if I learn my lesson ;P

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see nice wrappings.

mothers have a special place in everyone's heart & our tolerance level for mothers are the highest!

It seems your German buddy needs to be roasted but then forgetting him is a lot easier when you think he deserves to be roasted.

Plenty of good guys out there if you persevere looking for them, most guys are too stupid to re-act or too proud to admit that they are looking or too dumb to realized that they are going no where in their present relationship.

Good luck to you. U don't really need luck. Use your charm & intelligence.