1:49 pm

When hell freezes over

At home with an upset tummy.
*small sigh*

These shifts surely aren't good for me long term.... and there's lots of studies that
prove it too. I wonder when companies that insist on rotating shifts will finally acknowledge that the shift pay is peanuts.

You're not compensating us for our time. You're actually compensating us for things like loss of emotional ties with friends & family and health issues.


And the best part? HR compares us with the rest of the origanisation on regular (monday to friday) work hours. Apparently, the average is 3.5 days of sick leave. So anyone from the call centre who takes more than that is singled out. And me? heh. I did my part lol. I took 10 days in 2008. But heck, my entitlement is 14.


Bloody hell, be grateful I didn't max it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh - 3.5 days is/was the average annual (here in the US.). Those ole 'attitude' days when ya can't see going to work.

Then when you have a stroke and need to use some of it for various things, you get an "HR" interview.

The 1500+ hours that you have on reserve aren't very convincing...

It develops cynicsim. %@#$$#&^ ass**** in HR!

JimBob

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

JimBob,

Really? That's your avergae too? Now I am wondering if my HR is just picking some American survey to mouth off on.....