11:57 am

So this is what's important to me



Better post my Christmas pics before I forget.


It started off as just a form of sharing, then as the years grew, I kinda liked the idea of tracking christmas as the years rolled by. Unfortunately, I had 2009's loaded SOMEWHERE but not online. I think it's in my old phone, the one that won't work. GGggrrrrr..... because as I went back to my blog, I actually found 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.


I guess for 2009, you'd have to be content with some stupid picture of mine, hamming it up the family gathered after a ginormous lunch.... I even had pictures of Dad fooling around in Nan's wheelchair. Ah well.


Nothing before 2005 because, I believe, that's when I started blogging :o


Enough blathering.... onwards and upwards!




Our tree this year :

Actually, this is what we (my sister and I) would call half-assed. *wry grin* She didn't want to put up the tree this year. Long story short, she and my mom weren't feeling the love. I was ambivalent because I have my own issues with mom. In the end, my dad took out the tree 3 days before the 25th. Then I felt bad and got my sis to put it up with me. But because of the apathy, the tree is.... hhmmmmm.... not as well thought out.
*shrugs*
Anyways.




The presents that were prepared this year :
Each year I try and capture my wrapping for the year. However, because I had to use some for the parents, I had no sense of identity. At any rate, if you're curious, mine are the blue and silver ones.




I particularly enjoyed the christmas wreath though :
We'd had the front door replaced earlier this year, and we had to get dad to put in the nail. A bit high, but I suppose dad thought it was aesthetic :))




The other highlight is that this year I actually got presents that I really really REALLY wanted. Book vouchers!!
As a matter of fact, I only opened the wrappings on new years day, and as I waited for my sister before the family lunch, I smoked a ciggie and laughed to myself.... I was actually giddy with laughter :o My dad and sister have a hard time believing how excited I get over buying books but I can't help it!! And Times opened an outlet just opposite my working place at Tampines1, and I've bought most of my books in Q3 and Q4 from them. Total tally... about $350 in book vouchers. *starts drooling again* I can buy.... damn... almost 20 novels minimum. Hot damn!


Most impressive.... to me, anyways. Matching cover art *and* complete sets. This one branch has impressed me more than any other bookstore in Singapore. PLUS I have a new bookcase coming in today. Good lord, I have never felt as rich as I do today. That's exactly what I told my brother!


Perspective is necessary : Aunty Angela's passing in London some years back resulted in her estate being distributed amongst her siblings this year. Because I was her goddaughter, this resulted in two aunties passing on the largess to me and my sister. Was never close to my godma, but good golly, this christmas was the most extravagant I've experienced.


And I still prefer the book vouchers :)) The jewelery will be kept away and..... erm.... probably only be worn on formal occasions, if at all lol 




Book vouchers! Each and every year please!!!



0 comments: